Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Willie Nelson goes Jamaican


Apparently its harvest time along the Mendeceno county line as music legend Willie Nelson today released COUNTRYMAN, his first Reggae album.

Backed by Toots Hibbert on a Johnny Cash penned track called "I'm a Worried Man" that the Man in Black offered Willie when he told him he was recording the reggae album this could live up to its billing as a classic.

Recorded in 1995 as a little adventure between record producer Don Was and Island Records honcho Chris Blackwell it got shuffled off during a collection of recording company mergers this past decade.

Most of the sessions were done in Los Angeles with some of the late Peter Tosh's band, Willie also covers Jimmy Cliff's "Harder they Come " and "Sittin in Limbo" along with songs from his own catalog.

Those fine folks at THE WALMART refused to carry the album because of cover art issues and requested a change in the packaging. I think you can guess which cover they had a problem with...

I guess the fine moral upstanding people at The Walmart aren't familar with the fact that Willie Nelson's use of marijuana makes Cheech and Chong look like the POPE and MOTHER TERESA. And I should note that the entire Cheech and Chong film library sits undisturbed on the shelves of the same fine shopping facility. Gee, I wonder what they think the subject matter of those films is, or better yet does anyone over the age of 30 not know the topic covered?...

Anyways, below you will find a track listing and listen to streaming audio before purchasing it through Amazon.

Track Listings

Do You Mind Too Much If I Don't Understand
How Long Is Forever
I'm a Worried Man
Harder They Come
Something to Think About
Sitting in Limbo
Darkness on the Face of the Earth
One in a Row
I've Just Destroyed the World
I Guess I've Come to Live Here
Undo the Right

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home