Thursday, June 30, 2005

Squirt Gun 101

There comes a time in every person's life where you simultaneously become your parents and at the same time smile inwardly with such a glow based on the fact that you have just witnessed yourself imprinted on your own child...

This was just one of those moments:

Sure it all started out innocently, I was using the restroom when my 4 year old son barged into interrupt me...

"DAD DAD DAD I need help with my squirt gun...."

"Please wait until I'm finished going ..." as I shut the door leaving him in the hallway...

5 seconds pass, BOOM door comes flying open for the second time in less than a minute...

" I said wait till I finish going pee "I say in a little more stern tone."

He announces " It will only take a minute"

I explain, I'm busy and I'm not at the sink and in a position to fill the 3 squirt guns he is traveling with.

He say's " I know I know"

Then "WHY are you bothering me?" I respond.

"I don't want to fill them with water" he boldly announces like he has an actual plan...

"Well what are you going to use?" now annoyed that I have been trying to pee for 5 minutes most of which time has been chewed up with with water pistol discussions...

"I want you to PEE in the SQUIRT GUNS" he says with a face that looks oddly like the same face The Wright Brothers must had during that first flight at Kitty Hawk, he clearly had a vision.

Inside, I of course was doing a happy dance that could not be described, genius !!!, he actually on his own figured out a prank and was attempting implimentation....Oh a dream come true...

On the outside, another story, with a straight face , I became my father, "NO NO NO thats not appropriate....and what do you think the people you shoot are going to say when they find out what you are up to and have sprayed them with sir?"

he interupted my " father" speech, "dad thats the best part, its going to be a secret, only you and I are going to know its not water."

In the back of my head I'm actually thinking he has a point there...

As I looked into Einstein's little face it became clear to me that somewhere in the future during his grade school science years , I would be sitting in the Vice Principals office justifying a certain child of mines ability to "think outside the box".

For now we will use water in our squirt guns and dream of the future...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

I'm torn between asking for Max's autograph NOW before he becomes a superstar or asking you to let me know where he is at all times so I can make sure I stay a safe distance! Is this the birth on an evil genius or "the One" who does those things we all secretly wish we could do, but don't have the nuts? I guess I'll have to stay tuned.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home