Friday, March 06, 2009

Miley Cyrus: The Book

Miley Cyrus describes her pre-teen years as “friendless, lonely and miserable” in her new memoir, Miley Cyrus: Miles To Go.
Here are some other excerpts of the book via Access Hollywood
On the haters during her pre-teen Tennessee school days: “The girls took it beyond normal bullying. These were big, tough girls [known as] the Anti-Miley Club. I was scrawny and short. They were fully capable of doing me bodily harm… [They locked me in the girl’s restroom during class.] They shoved me in. I was trapped. I banged on the door until my fists hurt. Nobody came. I spent what felt like an hour in there, waiting for someone to rescue me, wondering how my life had gotten so messed up.”
On being challenged to a fight: “It seemed like Operation Make Miley Miserable was escalating to a new level. More like Operation Take Miley Down. Three girls strutted up and stood towering over me. My stomach churned. I clutched my grilled cheese sandwich like it was the hand of my best friend. It pretty much was my best friend those days. I was done for… They started cussing me and telling me to get up. I sat there, frozen. I didn’t know what to do. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. I wasn’t chicken. What could they do to me? I was surrounded by people. I stood up, still a foot shorter then they were, and said, “What’s your problem? What did I ever do to you?’”
On ex-boyfriend Nick Jonas, who she refers to as Prince Charming in the book: [When I first met him,] it felt like the whole world stopped. Nothing else mattered. [The day we broke up was] the hardest day ever. Deep down I know we weren’t being our best selves. And that was what I wanted — and thought I deserved – in a relationship.
On writing the hit song “7 Things I Hate About You” for Nick: “[I wrote it to] punish him, to get him back for hurting me [but the song is] about forgiving, not forgetting. It’s hard to imagine that our love is a story with an end. But you know, at least I’m getting some really good songs out of it.”

Miley will be signing copies of her book at Barnes & Noble this Saturday (March 7) @ 12PM at The Grove at Farmers Market (189 Grove Drive, Los Angeles).
book available HERE

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your story of your trip! Love the photos too!

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home