Sunday, August 12, 2012

Brigitte Nielsen in the park

"I would like to thank all my fans as well as my friends from the Hollywood community for the heart warming calls and emails about those unfortunate and dramatic pictures. Looking at the pictures I can understand the level of worrying, but I can assure everyone that there is no cause for alarm. I have been on the road working non-stop for such a long time, fulfilling my professional commitments, shooting shows around the world with all the pressure that comes with it.
That combined with major health issues in my family drove me to the unfortunate circumstances that you can see on the pictures. At that moment in time, I felt like I needed a moment to myself, in a park. The vodka came about as a desperate move to try to release some pressure and is under no circumstances an indication of how I lead my life on a day to day basis."
[My mother] is extremely ill. I just haven't been coping well with my mother's illness. I'm not making any excuses for my actions. I have spoken to my sponsor from Alcoholics Anonymous, and I continue to go to meetings. I'm committed to my sobriety, and I'm not going to let this momentary relapse define me. I'm not perfect, and I'm battling a disease, and yes, there will be setbacks, but I know what I need to do in order to be healthy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home