Monday, November 30, 2009

Janey Jackson Talks...

Michael understood why his family would intervene: "How do I say this? Understanding. I guess that will be the best way to -- understood that it was out of love, because of caring. But when it's something like that, people can tend to be in denial."

Was Michael in denial? "I wish he could answer this question for you and not me. I felt that he was in denial."

Janet knew ultimately he would have to help himself: "You can't make 'em drink the water. ... I'm a true believer in prayer, a big believer in prayer -- but it's, it's something that you can't do for them. Something they have to do for themselves."

She believes Dr. Conrad Murray should be held responsible for her brother's death: "He was the one that was administering. I think he is responsible."

Trying to help Michael with his addiction was like trying to help her first husband, James DeBarge, with his: "It kinda goes back to my first relationship, something that you have to want. ... it's something they have to want."

She married DeBarge for rebellious reasons: "I wanted to be on my own and get out of the house. We were the kind of kids that -- we -- obeyed our parents, really obeyed our parents. If they said no, you don't ask why. You just understand that it's no."

His drug issues led to the breakup of their marriage: "He was my first love and very much so. And there was a lot going on in our relationship, a lot going on with him, I should say. And -- just being so young and not really -- not really knowing what life is really all about, just beginning to explore life and wanting to -- help him, thinking I could change him, if I only could do this and that, and not realizing that it was something that he had to do and want for himself."

She's not married to Jermaine Dupri: "I know people thought we were. ... I just heard that today. Someone said to me, or just yesterday, someone said, 'You engaged,' and I said, 'Who am I engaged to?' And they said to Jermaine. I said, 'Oh, I am?'"

In fact, they split up: "I adore him. Absolutely adore Jermaine. Love him to death and we're still very good friends to this day. Very good friends, but that's all I'll say."

Going back to work helped: "I needed to get back to work. It helped me get through it. I was able to put a lot of my focus someplace else."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home