Monday, April 30, 2007

Deep Thoughts from SuperModels

1. ON COURAGE "They were doing a full back shot of me in a swimsuit and I thought, Oh my God, I have to be so brave. See, every woman hates herself from behind."
-- Cindy Crawford

2. ON SELF-KNOWLEDGE "Everywhere I went, my cleavage followed. But I learned I am not my cleavage."
-- Carole Mallory

3. ON POVERTY "Everyone should have enough money to get plastic surgery."
-- Beverly Johnson

4. ON FATE "I wish my butt did not go sideways, but I guess I have to face that."
-- Christie Brinkley

5. ON PSYCHOLOGY "I loved making 'Rising Sun'. I got into the psychology of why she liked to get strangled and tied up in plastic bags. It has to do with low self-worth."
-- Tatjana Patitz

6. ON ARRIVING "Because modeling is lucrative, I'm able to save up and be more particular about the acting roles I take."
-- Kathy Ireland, star of 'Alien From L.A.' and 'Danger Island'

7. ON CAREER CHOICES "My boyfriend thinks I lost my true calling to be a librarian."
-- Paulina Porizkova

8. ON PRIORITIES "I would rather exercise than read a newspaper."
-- Kim Alexis

9. ON GEOPOLITICS "Mick Jagger and I just really liked each other a lot. We talked all night. We had the same views on nuclear disarmament."
-- Jerry Hall

10. ON INNER STRENGTH "I love the confidence that makeup gives me."
-- Tyra Banks

11. ON DEATH "Richard doesn't really like me to kill bugs, but sometimes I can't help it."
-- Cindy Crawford

12. ON TRAVEL "I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre. I haven't seen anything. I don't really care."
-- Tyra Banks

13. ON BREAKTHROUGHS "Once I got past my anger toward my mother, I began to excel in volleyball and modeling."
-- Gabrielle Reece

14. ON EPIPHANY "I just found out that I'm one inch taller than I thought."
-- Christie Brinkley

15. ON HEREDITY "My husband was just OK looking. I was in labor and I said to him, 'What if she's ugly? You're ugly.'"
-- Beverly Johnson

16. ON THE BASICS "It's very important to have the right clothing to exercise in. If you throw on an old T-shirt or sweats, it's not inspiring for your workout."
-- Cheryl Tiegs

17. ON INTRODUCTIONS "I think most people are curious about what it would be like to be able to meet yourself -- it's eerie."
-- Christy Turlington

18. ON COURTSHIP "The soundtrack to 'Indecent Exposure' is a romantic mix of music that I know most women love to hear, so I never keep it far from me when women are nearby."
-- Fabio

19. ON PARADOX "Sometimes I get lonely, but it's nice to be alone."
-- Tatjana Patitz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home