Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Peristaltic Action by Michelle Hines


To quote John Waters (2003): “I love work that can horrify me in a new witty way. I have the opposite of contempt for art: I want to see art which causes contempt. If it’s good art, contempt turns into love.”

"Peristaltic Action" by Michelle Hines:

And the accompanying text: “In February 1995, working in conjunction with nutritionists at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, I adopted a super fiber-rich diet which allowed me to successfully produce a single extruded excrement the exact length of my colon: 26 feet.

I documented the extrusion at the Cranbrook-Kingswood High School Bowling Alley, Bloomfield Hills, MI, which offered a length of floor suitable for the process and measuring the results.

The cathartic diet was supplemented by a high intake of Metamucil fiber substance. The weeklong endurance prior to the event was ensured by the employment of a plug specifically designed to curtail any premature excretions.”

Source: Waters, J., & Hainley, B. (2003). Art: A sex book. New York: Thames & Hudson.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

\o/

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i came bricks

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that has to be at least a hundred curics

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love a girl who knows her $hit.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's poooooooooooooooooooooooooop.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just not right, in so many ways...

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home